Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TEMPLES!!!!

       It was a week after I got baptized, I got the privilege to go to the Cardston Temple. It was Lindsay Perrone, Robin Walter, Larissa Walker, Dayson Mathison, Brother Dalton and I. When we got there and out of the car everything was quiet and so peaceful. I didn't know what to expect when I walked into the Temple. Happy, excited, anxious or everything above.
       Once I walked into the Temple, for a second it felt like my heart stopped and I couldn't move until Dayson said go on Kenny it's alright. I walk up to the front desk and Brother Dalton said "We are here for our appointment." They Front desk person told us to go into this room and sit down until the speaker is ready to come see us. So I went and sat in the corner and opened my scriptures and started reading the book of Helaman. The speaker came in and asked if there are any first time people here with us today to please stand up. So I did. Then Brother Dalton and I went in the back room and got our jump suits and then go change to go do baptisms for the dead and conformations.
       When I got into my white jump suit I followed brother Dalton and Dayson into this small room to do conformations. We were going thru the names but one stuck to me like glue. The name sounded really familiar. After that was done we did the baptisms and that was an unbelievable experience for me. Dayson was the one that baptized the people we conferred but I was the one that was getting baptized. Every time I got dunked in the water and back up I felt renewed. It felt sorta like the person we were baptizing felt renewed. When we got done we left the temple and headed home.
       When I got home, I went thru my old yearbooks home when I was in Texas and I found the name of the person I conferred. I was really closed to his family so I called them that night and asked how they were doing and they said he died by a drive by shooting at school. I started crying for the loss of my friend but when I got off the phone with them I started cry tears of joy because I got the privilege to baptize him and confer him and I will be waiting till I see him again at the gates to Heaven.

2 comments:

Greg Heil said...

Interesting story man, when was this?

Unknown said...

This really touches my core..I pray for your friends family, I'm so happy that you have found true happiness and meaning in your life.I love you Kenny..