Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AOF!!!! 4 of 13

"We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

     So lets say you are a tea bag. The bag is you and the icky tea leaves and stuff is the world (Sin). Now, you must have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in other words you must trust in him with all your heart that he is the Lord Jesus Christ and he dies for us to live. Second is repenting of your sins. Us as missionaries, when we come teach you of this Magnificent gospel, we are really preparing you for you to repent of all your sins.
     Now when you have repented of all your sins it is time for baptism. Lets go back to the tea bag. When you are baptized you are washed away from all your sins like the tea bag. We get rid of the icky tea leaves and stuff in the bag and we are pure. But the you the tea bag still look dingy. The last principle and ordinance in the Laying on of hands for the gift of the holy Ghost. After you are baptized the next day on Sunday, during Sacrament meeting, there is a confirmation. During the confirmation, the person that got baptized the day before which is you the tea bag, comes up on the stand and with the proper authority, you receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Now you are pure kinda a like you are reborn into this world again with a clean slate.
     I know from first hand account that this is true. Almost a year ago on June 19th, 2010 I was baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I still remember the feeling when I walked into the room where it was held. Seeing all my friends from my seminary class, my parents who are not members crying because the were so proud of me. When I walked into the water I felt something come over me. A burning sensation you could say. In the scriptures in often says "Being baptized in fire and with the Holy Ghost" well in that moment I finally understood why they said that because I felt it. I felt like I was reborn when I came up from the water. It's the most amazing feeling I have ever had (Besides taking first place in State for Vocal Performance).
    The next day was my confirmation and when they called me up, I looked at Elder Miner and Elder Lanham (The ones who baptized me) and I couldn't keep a straight face because I was so excited to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. When they put there hands on my head (Elder Miner, Elder Lanham, Brother Nestagard, Brother Allred) I could imagine the Holy Ghost getting a running start and when they said Amen I felt the Holy Ghost enter me. Brother's and Sister's there is no other feeling in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD that can top that feeling i had almost a year ago. I say these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

joshthecollegekid said...

interesting.....

Unknown said...

It is indeed Raja-Man. Stay tuned for 5 thru 13 Articles of Faith.